Grab your leash and join the Michigan Humane Society for the 13th Annual Mega March for Animals, presented by Sellers Subaru, on Saturday, October 6, at Kensington Metropark's Martindale Beach in Milford, and Sunday, October 7, on the beautiful Detroit RiverWalk at Cullen Plaza!
Save animal lives now by signing up for the best way to ring in another beautiful Michigan fall season: walking with your furry pal through two awesome locations!
Your support is one of the reasons MHS is able to curb pet overpopulation. Your fundraising rescues animals from emergency situations. Your attendance helps provide medical attention to injured animals. No matter how you participate, you make a difference.
Dewey is just one of the many animals that MHS has cared for. Watch what inspired us to march for Dewey HERE! You are the reason so many homeless, injured, and neglected animals have been given the care and love they deservedly need.
So march with us! March for hungry animals, for abused dogs, for maimed cats. March for humane education, for homeless pets, for change in our community. March to help the forgotten animals of Metro Detroit.
Who are YOU marching for?
Event Information (both locations):
Where do we walk?:
Enjoy up to a 2-mile route along the scenic Detroit River or in the natural beauty of Kensington Metropark. Choose your own walking distance by locating helpful mile markers posted along the route. Water stations for people and animals will be available at several points throughout the event.
Who can walk?:
This family-friendly event welcomes everyone to join in on the fun, with or without your furry friends. Pets that are friendly & current on their vaccinations are welcome to attend on a non-retractable leash or in a carrier or stroller. Please bring proof of current vaccinations, and be prepared to pick up after your pets.
When does the event start?:
Pre-walk check-in and fundraising drop-off begins at 9 a.m. and the walk will starts with a kick-off at 10 a.m. Even though you have registered online, make sure to visit our Check-In Tent to complete your registration so that we know you attended.
If your employer has a matching gifts program please bring the necessary form.
How do I get there and where do I park?:
Click HERE to see Cullen Plaza.
Click HERE to see Kensington Metropark Martindale Beach.
Please check this site a few weeks before the walks to get parking details specific to each location. A separate email with parking information will also be sent to the email address you used to register for the event.
For the most enjoyable walk experience please remember these points:
- Bring your animal only if he/she is friendly toward other animals and people.
- Animals must be on a non-retractable leash or in a carrier or stroller at all times.
- Please be prepared to clean up after your animal.
- Please bring your animals current vaccination records with you for your safety. You will need to present them only if asked.
Additional notes for team captains:
- Each team member must check-in individually at the registration tent. Please do not attempt to register/check in all of your team members.
- Make sure each of your team members has a registration form.
- Pick a convenient meeting point for your team. Please do not meet at the registration tent.
- Please do not bring tables, tents, banners or stationary signs. A small hand-held sign is permitted to help your team members locate you.
- Please no handouts or balloons.
The Michigan Humane Society (MHS) is the largest and oldest animal welfare organization in the state. MHS is registered as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Contributions to MHS are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law. Our tax identification number is 38-1358206.
Your support of the 2018 Michigan Humane Society Mega March is a major reason why we're able to provide care for so many animals. If you are participating in any one of our events, please make sure to login to your fundraising page.